搜索
楼主: vmzy

[BOINC] [天文类] SETI@home

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-2-17 19:04:33 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 2 月 16 日

上传和调度服务器有些阻塞,另外还有些故障会在例行维护处理。

尽管科学数据库服务器恢复运转,但发现服务器并没有足够资源满足要求。
因此在未来数据会实施一个计划,把 SETI@home 和 Astrooulse 分开到不同的服务器(目前是共同于一个服务器,并在另外一个服务器做副本),而不做副本。
而实行另外的复制形式,将定期备份(离站备份)。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-18 12:49:20 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 2 月 18 日

在昨天工作结束是空调机组故障了,而且糟糕的是不清楚问题来源,当 A/C 技术人员来到后,他们按了复位按钮一切恢复了正常。

隔天检查了服务器的受损情况,文件服务器的 UPS 可能出现了问题,处理后所有驱动器显示的数据仍然完好无损。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 20 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-19 23:56:35 | 显示全部楼层
SETI缺钱啊。。。。现在有啥赞助商??
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-22 10:47:10 | 显示全部楼层

2010 年 2 月 22 日

William E. Gordon, the designer of the Arecibo radio telescope, has passed away at the age of 92.
威廉姆·E·戈登,阿雷西伯射电望远镜设计者逝世(2010年2月16日),享年92岁。

关于他的更多事迹,参见:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_E._Gordon

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +15 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 15 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-22 19:46:43 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 2 月 22 日

今晚数据库出现问题。。
由于突然的大量查询访问,导致论坛挂起。。
不知道这是偶然事件还是一次故意的攻击。。
可能是偶然的,但无法检查出来。。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-23 09:03:06 | 显示全部楼层

Feb 22, 2010

William E. Gordon, the designer of the Arecibo radio telescope, has passed away at the age of 92.

William E. Gordon,Arecibo 射电望远镜的设计者去世了,享年92岁

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-2-23 19:15:44 | 显示全部楼层
默哀……
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-16 08:15:43 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 3 月 16 日

2010 年 4 月 30 日(下午 7 时 30 分于加州伯克利分校),行星猎人 Ceoff Marcy 和 SETI 科学家 Dan Werthimer 将有一个关于宇宙科技生命生活的公开辩论。免费入场

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-17 16:54:02 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 3 月 17 日

上传功能应该全面恢复。。

Lando 已经升级到 FC11,但仍不能运行 Astropulse 分离器,除非重新建立一套。。所以暂时政 Thumper 上运行一个 Astropulse 的分离器。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +15 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 15 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-18 19:54:07 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 3 月 18 日

昨晚 Thumper 当机,所有需要科学数据库的应用都被停止了。

现在正确重新启动它,可能需要数小时来重新同步磁盘阵列,才能把任务生产和结果回收的服务恢复正常。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +15 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 15 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-25 09:58:24 | 显示全部楼层
Posted 25 Mar 2010 1:45:08 UTC

We're mostly back up. We're playing around with new splitters and a new database. Expect the status page to be wrong for the time being.

基本恢复正常,正在调试新的splitter和数据库,现在的服务器状态页面可能会显示有点问题。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-22 16:34:31 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 4 月 22 日

昨晚在 Matt 和 Jeff 离开后服务器开始出现一连串的问题。。

暂时无法解决,需要等明天他们两个回来修复。。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-24 13:38:02 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 4 月 24 日

意大利 IRC 频道

IRC 频道 #boinc-it 已经在 irc.freenode.net 建立,供意大利的 BOINC 和 SETI@home 用户讨论。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-30 21:25:54 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 4 月 30 日

Okay it's been a while and nobody else is chiming in so here are some general random updates. Sorry these are so few and far between. Not my fault.

We did successfully, finally, split the informix databases up. Instead of both redundantly housing SETI@home and Astropulse, one is specifically running SETI@home, and the other Astropulse. We lost our redundancy, but we back these systems up weekly and in a pinch can always regenerate lost data by splitting it again and sending it out to y'all. What we gained was a massive amount of i/o. Actually more like the Astropulse i/o isn't clobbering normal SETI@home day-to-day operations anymore. Like all things, this procedure took far longer than expected - mostly due to one of the SETI@home tables being strangely hard to drop off the one server that no longer needed it - something about a user-defined type in that table causing informix to crash when the deletes were done en masse.

There are still the usual set of other systems projects or problems waiting for our time and attention. Our master mysql server, mork, has been stable but may reboot itself unexpected at any point. Luckily when this happens recovery has been short and painless. We'd replace this system, but need another system with similar drive space and cpus and 64GB RAM which we don't have. Even worse is our main file server (which, among other things, houses our web site and home accounts) is slow and also prone to unwarranted random crashes. Some systems still need an OS upgrade. I also want to rebuild the RAID on thumper...

In brighter news, the gigabit link project got a kick in the right direction. Short story: turns out the whole lab wants a gbit connection to campus and suddenly has some discretionary funds for this. So we might partially piggy-back on that bandwidth. Anyway, the increased-bandwidth patient still has a pulse. Of course, we haven't really our own 100Mbit ceiling too much lately, so this is hardly an emergency at the moment.

Also... our data drive bay down at Arecibo was broken. We finally shipped them our bay working here at Berkeley just so they could continue to collect data, but that meant we could read new disks, only process data already on disk (or in our archives, i.e. old stuff that had yet to be properly processed). Anyway, we got the broken bay sent up here last week and Jeff found it was just a bent pin in the cable that connects to the power supply, so we have two functioning bays again in the two separate locations, and are reading newer data off drives for the first time in a while.

Other than that (and the usual set of minor tweaks and crashes that require a few minutes here and there) we've been running fairly well in a steady state. Dan continues to mostly work on CASPER stuff. Dave is working entirely on BOINC development. Jeff and Bob are manning the general data pipeline. Jeff and Eric are working on NTPCkr stuff - mostly RFI analysis/excision and candidate rescoring. While I seem to be part of all projects around here (like everybody) I've been forcing myself away from systems stuff except as needed - another reason why I've had little motivation to write tech news reports.

I've been mostly working on data quality stuff - one program that injects fake signals into raw data to test various parts of our blanking/analysis suite, and a bunch of other programs to test basic data integrity. Stuff that should have been done years ago, but better late than never. In short, the results are pretty much all good, but there are several database corrections of varying magnitude which need to be carried about before we can truly reduce the data even more. Stuff like pointing corrections, or general rescoring.

The basic game plan, as it has been, is to rally behind the NTPCkr suite once the RFI/scoring stuff is working and the science database can handle the full analysis load in earnest. If you're frustrated by lack of advancement on this front, maybe it'll help to think of all the previous NTPCkr pieces made public part of a "proof of concept beta test." We do hope to have this rolling, complete with volunteer analysis and input, sooner than later. It's funny the SETI institute is working on their own volunteer analysis project. Basically just another thing that gets the public confused about who actually manages SETI@home. Anyway, you know how little labor resources we have, so we do what we can.

By the way, that NASA balloon project that crashed and burned this morning involved the great efforts by several of our lab mates here at Berkeley. Many years of planning/production lost in an instant. Total bummer.

- Matt

(译略。。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-4 06:36:39 | 显示全部楼层
2010 年 5 月 3 日

大辩论 - 视频下载

现在你可以下载 “大辩论 - 难道只有我们?“ 的视频。于 4 月 30 日志加州大学伯克利分校由 Dan Werthimer 和 Geoff 主持的公开辩论。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 00:39